Saturday, September 18, 2010

My Learning in the 1st Session

Skeptical I was, and yet I was proven wrong immediately. Being invited to the 'new era' of teaching Math, I was exposed to a new generation of teachers who no longer taught concepts and skills with repetitive and boring activities.

Instead, the 'Magic Poker Game' caught my immediate attention. It was absolutely a refreshing introduction to the supposedly 'lifeless' subject I had mistakenly assumed before!

"Math is magic!"

Click here for a link to Singapore's Primary Mathematics Syllabus

The emphasis on mathematics proficiency in the rationale statement to ensure a highly competitive workforce to meet the demands and challenges of today's modern society. In retrospective to my 1st blog entry, I fully felt the impact of that statement in the course of my own life.

Therefore, I am very much motivated by the 1st session to become a teacher of mathematics in a more authentic, fun, and innovative way!

Click here for an article that talks about "Living & Loving Math"


No comments:

Post a Comment